The Night Manager Season 2
I have vivid memories of The Night Manager, in part because it's so bloody good, and in part because I was convalescing after serious surgery when we watched it, and it was gripping enough to make me forget anxiety and pain. I never thought it needed or would have a follow-up, so I was surprised and bit skeptical when this S2 came up. That's probably why it took us a year to decide to watch it. It's a direct follow-up, with some key characters in common, starting with the title role Jonathan Pine, aka plenty of pseudonyms, who is now an official spy for MI5 but in a minor role. When a figure from his past dealings with Roper appears in London, he goes out of his way (and out of his remit) to figure out what's going on. The trail leads him to Colombia... In a nutshell, it's much of the same, and very well done, but without the novelty. The series manages a couple of genuine surprises, very well orchestrated, including an ending I didn't think anyone in this day and age would dare. Worth watching if you really liked the first season, but not indispensable.

Comments
Post a Comment