Le monde va mieux que vous ne le croyez by Jacques Lecomte


Le monde va mieux que vous ne le croyez by Jacques Lecomte
(The World is doing Better than you Think)

I purchased this after hearing the author interviewed about trends in crime on a French TV show. I was hoping for a book that would offer the hard data needed to confirm what I've long felt, that the media constantly focuses on the bad news, skewing our world view. That is indeed what the book attempts to do, although the approach is in my opinion so frustratingly shallow that it's counter productive. In a series of short thematic chapters Lecomte presents one or two data points that go against the commonly accepted grain. Unfortunately for me, it's just too shallow. I wanted more data and less "how can we explain the data". It's not a bad book, it's just nowhere near as in-depth as I needed it to be to confirm (or infirm) my hunches.

Comments