Mind MGMT: The Manager by Matt Kindt


Mind MGMT: The Manager by Matt Kindt

I remember reading Super Spy years ago and being puzzled. Mind MGMT draws from the same well, but is less disjointed (though it still is) and therefore all the more gripping. Graphically, it's unique in a way only Kindt can achieve. This is the story of a journalist looking into a secret psychic government agency who discovers more than she bargained for... Very very cool.

Later review from 2019: Mind MGMT by Matt Kind. I was aware of Matt Kind's early work, but found it at the time to lack direction (or maybe I wasn't ready). Mind MGMT, a complete story in about 40 issues, is a mind blowing riff on conspiracy theories, government backed psychic powers and more generally the supernatural spy genre. It's graphically daring, super intricate with stories and clues everywhere in the books and narratively fantastic. Had a whale of a time reading it and I strongly recommend it. 

Comments