Oaths of the Riddermark for The One Ring
I was somewhat skeptical about the potential for adventure in Rohan following Horselords of Rohan, and the associated campaign Oaths of the Riddermark sadly did nothing to alleviate those fears. The One Ring adventures, good or bad, tend to be fairly railroady, but these are to a degree not seen yet in the game material. Most of the beginnings of adventure stretch believability to a point where I could very well see even well-meaning players roll their eyes. The situations within the adventures themselves are very repeptitive (go fight dunlendings, go fight orcs), and if the thrust of the campaign is potentially interesting (two of Thengel's vassals have been at each others' throats, they need to be reunited for the god of Rohan) the way it's delt is unconvincing. Finally, there is absolutely no connection between Oaths and the larger LotR narrative, and not an ounce of fantasy in the campaign. It's probably the first campaign that I know for sure I will never run.

Comments
Post a Comment