Season's End by Marillion
I've been hearing post-Fish Marillion influences in so many prog records lately that I wanted to revisit the Marillion album I probably listened to the most in my late adolescence but sold a few years later. Hearing those songs all those years later is a bit of a strange experience that probably taints my opinion of them. Trying to put aside the rush of memories that such a listen inevitably triggers, I'd say there's a good bunch of songs in Season's End, well written and aptly interpreted (there are a few duds as well). This is definitely the most synth heavy record I ever liked, I think. I also for the first time heard influences feeding into Marillion (early Floyd, Camel...) Anyway, happy I bought this one again, might not listen to it all that often (it's VERY heavy on synth) but worth having in my record collection.

Comments
Post a Comment