Big Bang Theory
And that's it, 12 seasons of Big Bang Theory. I kept at it more by habit than because it stayed amazing. There were a few gems in each season though, which made it worthwhile to keep watching. The characters were really likeable (even the annoying ones) which is a feat in itself, and that made it easy to stick by them. I read in many places that the series mocked geeks, but I don't think that's true. I never laughed at them, always with them, recognizing some of my own quirks. Also, I don't think a sitcom can live with no stereotyping. To be honest, Big Bang Theory's better than most. The only series in a similar vein that I followed to the end previously was Friends, and looking back Friends was a lot meaner (to gay people, fat people, any time of non-normal people). I like where S12 ended as well. Raj is still single but more serene about it, Penny is expecting and seems to have made her peace with that idea, Sheldon is still his old self but in many ways now aware of his own failings. The characters can't be said to have evolved wildly, but they have changed some over the years, and that's more than most sitcoms. Glad it's over, but happy with how it ended.

Comments
Post a Comment