La Mort Bleue


La Mort Bleue

Coureurs d'Orage, the OSR engine written by Islayre d’Argolh was too neat and lacked whimsy for my roleplaying tastes, but I appreciated the effort towards concision. In 'La Mort Bleue' (the Blue Death), the same concision is applied to a sandbox adventure in a wild west style fantasy. How much information do you really need to be ready to play? Enough creates story opportunities, too much kills them. In this instance, and much as I wanted to appreciate the product, the answer is that I'm not getting quite enough. The booklet starts with a very sunccinct description of the key characters in a fantasy frontier town, and a barebones overview of the neighbouring area. And that's it. The setting stuff that follows in the second half of this short supplement is actually very intriguing, but of little use for the sandbox itself. For some, this is probably enough to run with, not for me.

Comments