Lucifer Season 1
I was not optimistic walking into this series. I really liked the comic (more about that in a separate listing) and knew that the TV series, beyond the initial premise, kept close to nothing. But I found it entertaining enough that I kept going to the end of S1. The show's premise (the Devil helps a detective solve her cases) is ridiculous in so many ways, and absolutely unconvincing (it feels like badly written Agatha Christie adaptations where the guilty party is by definition the one every effort is made to make you think they couldn't have possibly done it), and even the in-story justifications as to why Lucifer helps Decker are utterly unconvincing. But the metaplot aspects (and to a limited degree metaphysical aspects) are actually quite compelling and what kept me going. It's still little more than light entertainment, but I'll probably slowly make my way through what exists.

Comments
Post a Comment