Le Dernier Pharaon de François Schuiten
I'm not an über fan of Blake & Mortimer, but I don't dislike it the way I dislike Tintin. It speaks to my imagination and the main characters, while a bit too goody two-shoes for me are at least not as cardboard cut-out as Tintin. Still, I didn't bother with the offshoots of the series revival until this one. First of all, Schuiten. I AM an über fan of Les Cités Obscures, and I really like his art as well. The reviews were good, I gave it a shot, and I don't regret it. I don't know how much this is a continuity of the Jacobs' Blake & Mortimer -verse, it felt to me very much like a Cités Obscures thing with the serials filed off, but I suppose the pseudo-science and weird esoterism is also very Jacobs. Anyway, I loved it, although the end is maybe a bit too naive for my tastes. Highly recommended if you like Schuiten, and I don't think fans of Jacobs will dislike it either.

Comments
Post a Comment