Larkin Poe live at This Town Needs 18/9/19
It's not everyday I get a chance to see the kind of blues (or jazz for that matter) I enjoy live in Hong-Kong. When I saw that Larkin Poe was playing here, I immediately booked tickets and recruited a bunch of friends. This Town Needs is a nice club that feels like a proper music club rather than a theater. The atmosphere is great, the drinks are affordable, definitely a place i'll be heading back to if the program appeals to me. Larkin Poe, for those who don't know, if two fantastic young women from the Southern USA who weave a blues rock tapestry around a variety of southern music. Their show is full of energy, fun and love, very positive despite the reputation that blues may have. The sound was a little bit rough and over the top (I felt). I rarely regret not having ear plugs but this was one of those times. Still, it didn't detract from my enjoyment. A fantastic show, go see them live if you can.

Comments
Post a Comment