Les Incidents de la Nuit Intégrale vol 1 & 2 by David B
David B. is a wonderful and unfathomable writer whose graphic novels are oneiric, creepy, erudite and just like nothing else I've ever read. Les Incidents de la Nuit was a series he started in the 90s, a fake autobiographical tale of David delving into the history of Paris to understand a series of strange crimes undertaken by a man supposed to be long dead. For a long time it looked like the initial run would never be revived until 2012 when David B. published the second volume. I reread both of them recently and they are just out of this world good. A mixture of crime, esoterism, oneirism and Paris history, it will go right to the heart of those who read and loved Jacques Yonnet's Rue des Maléfices. Of course, we're still waiting for the third (and final?) volume, and I do hope that this series doesn't go the way of David B.'s sadly unfinished Les Chercheurs de Trésors. A must read.

Comments
Post a Comment